POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Short Code Fun : Re: Short Code Fun Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short Code Fun
From: Warp
Date: 29 Nov 2007 17:49:57
Message: <474f4215$1@news.povray.org>
Mike the Elder wrote:

> that the key to maintaining the LPV which is at the core of the fairness issue
> is to see to it that helpful information about how to shorten code is made
> available to EVERYONE.

  I think there's a difference between generic optimization tips which
can be applied to most entries (such as "you don't need a comma between
a number and a variable"), and providing optimization tips to someone's
specific code ("in your code you can replace this with that and it will
make it 2 character shorter"). Of course what can be considered a
generic optimization principle and what can be considered code-specific
optimization is a rather fuzzy line.